Saturday, June 16, 2012

Poem: Desquamate Diadem


Desquamate Diadem

Rain, and then the wrenched
sight of winter dressing
before the mirrors in the castle of autumn,

Rain, and then the accompanying
darkness; it's sole friend
hand-in-hand

gnawing at my door
where the porch light flickers
so sinister as when
the devil blinks

causing my heart to cease
for moments longer than time,
held captive there, pressed down
by the clouds of my own coffee,

in a state of hysteria
with my eyes, unseen
yet most frighteningly widened
against the influx of horrors,
snaking across the floors,

as I sit, child-like
lending my sight
to every aspect of the room

even where there is nothing to see,

while hearing the
sound of

rain, and then your heavy breathing
beside the acquired heart
from down the road,
so filled to the brim with delight
and killing the smell of every
rose known to each garden walked,
and unknown,
with the stench of cursed upon sex.

Rain, and then seeing
the Casanova
robe himself in the silence
of night, traipsing
as a mere shadow
for the rendezvous
most cursed by my fears.

- By Raeez Jacobs

© Raeez Jacobs. 2012. All Rights Reserved.








No comments:

Post a Comment